Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Memories





The wind whistled through the air

She rushed inside with her hands full of groceries

She pulls out all of her ingredients

Kneading the dough softly

She puts the dough in the pan and into the oven

The warmth of the oven warms her home

Smelling the bread bring her joy

The bread is done and the smell feels her home

Once it’s done she slices it carefully

She puts a small amount of jam on

While eating her bread it brings back memories

Memories of backing with her mom as a child

She smiled softly and finished her bread

7 comments:

  1. That was really good, one thing that I would look out for is a few typos that I saw in there but aside from that it had great imagery. I especially liked the part about remembering the past and baking with her mother. Thanks for letting me read this it was great!
    Nikki Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The attention to detail in this is stunning, all I want now is a piece of homemade delicious bread! arghhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the simple things are the things that make us happiest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the nostalgia it beings, even though this is not one of my own memories. It gives me a warm feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting how the stuff that seems so simple, even the mundane things; they bring us back to memories or times when we remembered something about our lives, good or bad. That's pretty neat how you reminded me of that principle with this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how this is very basic and simply written; it allows the reader to kind of infuse it with their own memories of either baking or faintly remembering something.

    ReplyDelete