Monday, January 9, 2017

Early morning

Alarm clock goes off at 5:30 am. I slowly turn over and shut the alarm off. I lay in bed wondering why I decided to do this. I gradually pull myself out of ben and start getting my things together. I dread going outside in the crisp cold air. I run to my car, start it and turn the heat on low. I drive up to the school. There are only a few cars in the parking lot. 5:50 am, I walk in to the dim lit gym and sit on the floor with the other girls. Messy hair, tired eyes, and over seized jackets. We are all tired, sitting on the floor we all slowly change our shoes. It is the time that we all dread, coach walks in a says it is time to start. We start with warm up laps and the stretch. As the time goes on we all wake up a little more. We scrimmage until 7:00am. We are done and now it is time to get ready for the rest of the day.

9 comments:

  1. I connected with this on a personal level. I understand what it's like to put forth everything for the sport you love. I also relate to being tired and not wanting to get up in the morning XD I would also love to see a little more description, but other than that it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only complaint is maybe have a bit more description but I really liked it! I relate to this since I would do basketball in my sophomore year of high school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burton making you girls wake up so early... S M H

    ReplyDelete
  4. waking up that early is so hard lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job with your wording! I really felt like I was there and could see it all

    ReplyDelete